08 November 2010

Rules To Relish: If You Bring Something In, Take Something Out

One rule I always follow is... if you bring something in, take something out. This may seem easy but I can assure you it is not.  This suggestion can apply to your wardrobe or your home.  

If I see a blue sweater that I must have, I will find a blue sweater in my closet that I don't love as much and put it in a stack.  As the stack grows with previously loved items, I eventually find myself with a hefty pile of clothes to donate to Goodwill.  This is a great way to pass along gently used items and clear space in your closet for future finds.  

I find that if I can edit little-by-little, it is much more effective than the occasional or yearly cleanse.  Try it and let me know what you think!  The installation Venus of the Rags by Michelangelo Pistoletto shows what may happen (or what would certainly happen to me) if this rule is not observed! ha



1 comment:

  1. Great rule. I use it as well and often remind my clients that it's all about quality, not quantity! Thanks for reminding us!

    ReplyDelete